FEES AND FAQS
There are two methods of payment at Roots WellCare, P.A: cash and insurance.
If you pay in cash on the same day as treatment, a discount is given. By paying in cash, we can tell you exactly how much you will owe (see below).
If you choose to have our office submit a claim to your insurance company, we cannot tell you exactly if and how much out-of-pocket you will pay or when it will be due. Please do not shoot the messenger! We understand your frustration.
CASH (checks, cash or debit/credit cards)
Fees when you pay in cash on the same day as the treatment
New client, 1 hour chiropractic, consult/treatment $120
Chiropractic treatment, subsequent treatment, 25 minutes $70
Chiropractic treatment, subsequent treatment, 15 minutes $50
Chiropractic with acupuncture, 45 minutes $80
New client, 2 hours, homeopathy/chiropractic evaluation
$195 Kids, age 12 & younger
Homeopathy follow-up, 25 minutes $70
Homeopathy follow-up, up to 15 minutes $35
Nutritional consultation, 1 hour $120
If you need a receipt, please ask Dr. Breunig.
If you choose to submit a claim to your insurance, Roots WellCare, P.A. will submit claims on your behalf. Our billing company is PRN Network, phone (952)454-6566.
You are responsible for understanding what your insurance plan covers. If you have a question, please call the phone number on your card. Our office does our best to understand what is covered and not covered by many insurance plans but it is impossible to read the mind of insurance companies.
You are responsible for payment of your bill if your insurance company denies payment.
Insurance plans specify that treatment must be medically necessary. Some key points of medical necessity:
- Treatment must be for an illness or injury or to improve function of a part of the body.
- There must be a reasonable expectation of recovery or improvement in function.
- Treatment must be for a nerve, muscle or skeletal problem, and have a direct therapeutic effect.
- Treatment is usually short-term and you must make measurable progress towards your goal(s).
- Only active and corrective care is covered, not preventive or maintenance care.
Treatment types that are often covered by insurance:
- Chiropractic new client consultation and examination
- Manipulation of the spine and other joints (exception: Medicare only covers spinal manipulation).
Treatment types that are seldom or never covered by insurance:
- Homeopathic consultation and remedies
- Ice packs
- Laboratory testing
- Nutritional consultation and products
- Orthopedic supplies: back rests, back supports, foot orthotics, pillows, etc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
1. For which insurance plans is Dr. Breunig an in-network/participating provider?
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Health Partners
2. For which insurance plans is Dr. Breunig an out-of-network provider?
- Preferred One
3. Does Dr. Breunig accept HSA benefit cards?
Yes, she can process your health savings account debit card for treatment and provide you with a receipt showing the payment and appropriate codes.
4. Does Dr. Breunig accept automobile accident/personal injury and workers' compensation cases?
5. What questions should I ask my insurance company when I call to ask about benefits?
- What is my deductible: per individual and per family?
- Have I met my deductible yet for this year?
- After my deductible has been met, what percentage do I pay? (this is called coinsurance).
- Is my plan on a calendar year deductible, or other (e.g., academic year, September 1 – August 31)
- Do I have a co-payment? If yes, what is it?
- Do I need a referral from my medical doctor/clinic to see a chiropractor?
"In early 2000, I limped into Dr. Carla’s office for my first ever visit to a chiropractor at the insistence of a friend who knew her work. I was treated then and every single subsequent visit with compassion, respect and confidence. From that first day I have always received the care I needed at the moment as well as the exercises, stretches, or other treatments required to move my healing forward. Through the years she has given me homeopathic relief for poison ivy, worked on my neck and head after an auto accident and cleared my clogged sinuses from a pesky cold; there is no body part that is beyond her healing hands. I recommend Dr. Carla without reservation to anyone seeking a competent, caring, and knowledgeable health care professional."
– Marilaurice Hemlock, Minneapolis